Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Business?
- I want to study all of the key areas of business activity and behaviour
- I want to enhance my understanding of current affairs
- I enjoy problem-solving and making use of case studies
- I want to set up and run my own business.
What does the course consist of?
- Investigating and evaluating real-world
- How can a manager motivate a workforce?
- How can a new business establish itself in the market?
- What is business efficiency?
- How do firms promote their products?
- Why have business ‘dragons’ such as Duncan Bannatyne been so successful?
- Why did Nissan come to the North East?
- General issues for business such as the environment and influence of the government
- Young Social Entrepreneur (run your own business and aim to make a profit)
- The opportunity to take part in the ‘Student Investor’ competition
- Visit local and national businesses and participate in a study visit to London or Prague.
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Higher education in Business or related courses such as Finance or Marketing
- Career opportunities in areas such as tourism, banking, personnel, marketing and financial services
- Self-employment in your own business.