Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study BTEC Business?
- I want to study a business course which places a great deal of emphasis on coursework
- I want to set up and run my own business
- I want the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector
- I want the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, person skill and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
What does the course consist of?
- BTEC Business has a practical nature and there is a strong emphasis on the development of investigation skills and use of IT
- You will also complete an examination as part of the course based on Business Environment
- The course can be taken as:
- A four-unit single award over two years (Extended Certificate)
- An eight-unit double award over two years (Diploma)
- There is an opportunity in Year 2 to undertake a book keeping enrichment course within the subject as enrichment to help with other units on the course.
How is this course assessed?
- By a combination of coursework and examinations.
What might this course lead on to?
- Higher education
- Employment – this course enables you to develop abilities and skills in areas which employers have identified as being highly desirable
- Apprenticeships in Accounting or Business Administration.