Construction and the Built Environment
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study Construction?
- I want to work in engineering, construction or architecture in the future
- I want to develop my practical skills while studying the theory behind construction
What does the course consist of?
The course combines a mixture of practical and theory
The course units cover all aspects and fields of construction engineering; you will study a wide range of units in year 1 and year 2. These will provide a broad experience and deep understanding of a variety of topics, including:
- Construction Principles
- Building Surveying in Construction
- Construction Technology
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Surveying in Construction
- Graphical Detailing in Construction (CAD and Manual Techniques)
- Building Regulations and Control in Construction.
How is this course assessed?
- The majority of work will be coursework
- You will take 1 exam during the first year
What might this course lead on to?
- The course is equivalent to 3 A Levels and worth up to 420 UCAS points (equivalent to 3 A* grades)
- Students who complete the course can progress on to: university, studying a specific engineering discipline, as well as gaining opportunities for employment and apprenticeships.