Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: Level 3 Certificate
Why study Criminology?
- I am thinking of studying other related humanities subjects, such as psychology, law and sociology
- I am interested in learning more about the criminal justice system in UK
- I want to develop a range of transferable skills for my future career, such as the ability to solve problems, project based research, development and presentation
- The opportunity to work alongside a range of professionals in the criminal justice system.
What does the course consist of?
- Gaining an understanding of different types of crime, why people commit crime, the perceptions of crime and why some crimes are unreported
- Learning about all aspects of the criminal justice system from the moment a crime has been identified to the verdict
- Developing the understanding and skills needed to examine information in order to review the justice of verdicts in criminal cases.
How is this course assessed?
- By a combination of coursework assignments and examinations.
What might this course lead on to?
- Study of psychology, law, sociology or other humanities based subjects at university
- The course will develop a wide range of skills and knowledge relevant to many job roles within the criminal justice sector, social and probation work.