Sports Studies – National Diploma
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study Sports Studies?
- I have a keen and active interest in Sport
- I wish to pursue a career in this field
- I prefer a more vocational approach with continuous assessment in addition to exams.
What does the course consist of?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness, Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Fitness
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Investigating Business in Sport and the Active Leisure
- Industry Skill Acquisition in Sport.
Optional units include:
- Practical Sports Performance
- Sports Psychology
- Work Experience in Active Leisure
- Principles and Practises for Outdoor and Adventurous Activities.
How is this course assessed?
- By continuous assessment in addition to coursework and final exams.
What might this course lead on to?
- Equivalent to two A Levels, this course provides pathways into university to study for teaching or Sport Science degrees
- It is also well suited to areas such as Nursing, Paramedical, Sports Therapy, HM Forces or the Sports and Leisure industries.