Are you a high flyer?
Stockton Sixth Form College is committed to helping students aim even higher. Our specially tailored programmes which stretch and challenge the most able across Years 12 and 13 are designed to inspire high-performing students to go on and achieve even greater success.
In the first year, the college’s 7UP programme targets students who have achieved mainly 8 and 9 grades at GCSE. Throughout the first year, students benefit from:
- The opportunity to gain a valuable additional qualification – The Extended Project Qualification
- A recommended enrichment offer which will enhance applications to prestigious universities
- Access to specialist support around applying for Clinical Science (Dentistry, Medicine and Veterinary Science) courses at university through our Pathway to Clinical Science (PaCS) initiative
- A visit to Oxbridge in the summer term and support in applying for Study Days and Summer Schools at Oxbridge colleges
- Links with other Russell Group institutions
- Mentoring from a senior leader
- Prestigious competitions and projects specific to certain subjects, such as Senior Maths Challenge and the Royal Society of Chemistry UK Olympiad
- Stretch and challenge activities in class
- Trips and events organised through the college’s prestigious Ogden Trust Science partnership
- Assistance in gaining relevant work experience placements
- Masterclasses across a range of subjects.
After graduating from 7UP, students will join the prestigious Target A* programme in Year 13.
Target Grade 9
With access to some of the most prestigious institutions in the country, studying at Stockton Sixth Form College will allow you to benefit from:
- Tailored guidance from teachers on achieving A* performance at A Level in specific subjects
- Strong links with the UK’s top universities, including Oxbridge and Russell Group institutions
- Access to Durham and Newcastle progression pathways
- Links with Durham Medical School’s Gateway programme
- A series of talks and guest lectures held in college by local universities.
University and Careers Guidance
- An early start to the application process with guidance for Oxbridge and Russell Group applications
- Access to an independent careers advisor with specialist experience in making successful applications to prestigious universities
- A unique opportunity to access a substantial cash scholarship for students who successfully achieve and take up places at Oxford University
- Open Day visits
- Mock university interviews
- Tuition for additional entrance exams for Medicine, Law, Dentistry and Veterinary Science.
Uni Talks – KCL and ‘The Brilliant club’ – listen to sixth formers interrogate UK uni lecturers and preeminent thinkers
Oxplore – an innovative new digital outreach portal from the University of Oxford. It aims to engage those from 11 to 18 years with debates and ideas that go beyond what is covered in the school classroom.
HE Plus – new digital platform from the University of Cambridge, split by subject.