Art & Design
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Art and Design?
- I want to study a hands-on course which provides the opportunity for students to involve themselves in a wide range of creative projects
- I want to develop my drawing, printmaking, painting and design skills
- I want to progress to art college and university.
What does the course consist of?
Our A Level Art and Design course is suitable if you are interested in any of the following; Fine Art, 3D Design, Graphics or Textiles. It covers:
- Developing an appreciation of art history and contemporary art
- Students can undertake projects relating to architecture, product design or sculpture
- Developing a sophisticated understanding of media processes and techniques
- Students will develop many skills including; observational drawing, photography, researching, media experimentation, computer aided design model making and digital image manipulation
- Students can undertake projects relating to advertising, branding, web design or illustration
- Learning to develop a sophisticated understanding of media, processes, materials and techniques
- From initial research through to development of ideas (printmaking/textile techniques) and producing a final outcome
- Fashion design, interior design and installations.
How is this course assessed?
- Students will produce a portfolio of work for each unit.
What might this course lead on to?
- Progression to study at Art College or University
- Careers in illustration, marketing, advertising or teaching
- Conservation and gallery work
- Careers in product design, interior design, graphic design and architecture
- Careers in graphic design, computer games design and illustration
- Careers in fashion, interior design, theatre, costume, marketing, advertising or teaching.