Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Computer Science?
- I want to learn computer programming skills
- I want to understand how to design and test computer programs
- I want to gain the mathematical insight into how a computer works on the inside.
What does the course consist of?
- Decomposing problems and designing algorithms to provide solutions
- Building software using a variety of programming languages and techniques
- Examining and understanding hardware and software
- Understanding how computers use mathematics to store and process instructions and data
- Understanding the technicalities of networks, including the internet
- Legislation, ethical, moral and cultural issues surrounding computer science.
How is this course assessed?
- By examination and through a small coursework element.
What might this course lead on to?
- Computer Science supports a wide range of careers and university courses including; Computer Science, Software Design, Business, Games and App Programming.