Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study English Literature?
- I enjoy reading challenging texts and exploring their deeper levels of meaning
- I enjoy group work and contributing my ideas
- I want to find out about the contexts in which different texts were written.
What does the course consist of?
- Studying a selection of modern and pre-twentieth century novels, poetry and plays (including Shakespeare)
- Reading a variety of literature from all periods to help develop literary analysis skills
- Developing strong, independent, critical skills
- Workshops, DVDs, independent study, essays and theatre visits
- Much of the work is done by discussion in groups.
How is this course assessed?
- By examination (80%) and a coursework element (20%).
What might this course lead on to?
- Higher education
- Any career which requires good communication skills and confidence – Journalism, Broadcasting, Publishing, Marketing, Teaching, Law, Media Management, Digital & Social Media and Theatre.