Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Geography?
- I want to study both physical and human aspects of Geography
- I want to develop an understanding of many aspects of our changing world, even if I have not studied Geography at GCSE
- I want to develop a wide range of skills, including fieldwork, map and graph interpretation, writing and numerical skills.
What does the course consist of?
The course is divided into three components:
- Physical Geography which includes the Water and Carbon cycles, glacial systems and landscapes, and hazards
- Human Geography which includes Global Systems and Global Governance, Changing Places and contemporary urban environments
- Geography fieldwork investigation.
How is this course assessed?
- By examination
- 20% coursework (Geography fieldwork investigation).
What might this course lead on to?
- Well-qualified geographers have careers in many professions such as Marketing, Personnel, Accountancy, Environmental Management and Planning
- Entry to a wide range of university degree courses.