Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Geography?
- I want to study both physical and human aspects of Geography
- I want to develop an understanding of many aspects of our changing world
- I want to develop a wide range of skills, including fieldwork, map and graph interpretation, writing and numerical skills.
What does the course consist of?
The course is divided into three components:
- Physical Geography which includes the Water and Carbon cycles, Glacial systems and landscapes, and Hazards
- Human Geography which includes Global Systems and Global Governance, Changing Places and Contemporary Urban environments
- Geography Fieldwork investigation.
How is this course assessed?
- Two examination papers (80% of the total marks)
- Coursework: Geography Fieldwork Investigation (20% of the total marks)
What might this course lead on to?
- Well-qualified geographers have careers in many professions such as Marketing, Personnel, Environmental Management and Planning
- Entry to a wide range of university degree courses in the humanities and sciences. Geography is a ‘facilitating’ subject favoured by the Russell Group universities.