Health & Social Care
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study Health & Social Care?
- I am considering a career in one of the caring professions
- I want to develop practical transferable skills in communication and research as well as a broad understanding of health, social care and early years services
- I enjoy completing coursework.
What does the course consist of?
The course can be studied as an Extended Certificate (equivalent to one A Level) or a Diploma (equivalent to two A Levels)
The units include:
- Human lifespan development
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Nutritional Health.
Diploma – as the Extended Certificate, plus:
- Enquiries into Current Research
- Principles of Safe Practice
- Promoting Public Health
- Physiological disorders and their care.
How is this course assessed?
- A mix of examination and coursework.
What might this course lead on to?
- Careers within the Health and Social Care field, including Nursing, Social Work, Youth Work, Counselling, Mental Health, Early Years and many more.