Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study IT?
- I want to learn to use a wide variety of software packages including graphics, sound & video editing, developing websites and multimedia and also to build and upgrade a computer system
- I like to learn in a practical way and prefer coursework to written exams.
What does the course consist of?
- The Extended Certificate (equivalent to one A Level) includes;
- Information Technology Systems (Exam)
- Creating Systems to Manage Information (Databases)
- Using Social Media in Business
- Data Modelling or Website Development
- The Diploma (equivalent to two A Levels) includes;
- All of the Subsidiary units shown above, plus;
- IT Project Management
- Cyber Security and Incident Management
- Animation and Graphics
- Computer Games or Mobile App Development.
How is this course assessed?
- One exam to be taken in the second year
- A controlled online assessment
- Continuous coursework assessment throughout the year.
What might this course lead on to?
- Studying ICT at University
- Any career which requires advanced ICT practical skills – Computer Games Programming, Website Design, ICT Technician, Graphics or Multimedia Design.