Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study IT?
- I want to learn how to use a wide variety of software packages including graphics, sound & video editing, developing websites and multimedia and also to build and upgrade a computer system
- I am interested in finding out about how IT influences the world around me
- I like to learn in a practical way and prefer coursework to written exams.
What does the course consist of?
- Information Technology Systems (Exam)
- Creating Systems to Manage Information (Databases)
- Using Social Media in Business Data Modelling (Spreadsheets).
How is this course assessed?
- A controlled online assessment to be taken in the first year
- One written exam to be taken in the second year
- Continuous coursework assessment throughout both years.
What might this course lead on to?
- Studying IT at University
- Any career which requires advanced IT practical skills – Computer Games Programming, Website Design, IT Technician, Graphics or Multimedia Design.