Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Law?
- I am thinking of a career in the legal profession
- I want to gain an understanding of how the law works in practice
- I am interested in examining actual cases that have been through the courts
- I want to experience contact with the legal profession.
What does the course consist of?
- Practical information about how the courts are structured
- Learning about the difference between solicitors and barristers and the role of the judge and jury
- Learning how to identify offences and examining issues like ‘what is murder and what is manslaughter?’
- Examining issues like; what is murder and what is manslaughter? Why is 90% of crime in the UK drug-related?
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Study of Law at University
- Access to Higher Level Legal Apprenticeships
- The course will develop a wide range of skills useful in careers as Legal Executives, work in the Court Services, Forensics or in the Police.