Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level, BTEC Level 3
Why study Law?
- I am thinking of a career in the legal profession
- I am interested in learning more about things I have seen on TV or in the news about crime
- I am interested in examining actual cases that have been through the courts
- I want to experience contact with the legal profession.
What does the course consist of?
- Practical information about how the courts are structured
- Learning about the powers of the police, the role of judges and how laws are made
- Learning how to identify offences and why some cases go to court and others do not
- Examining issues like; what is murder and what is manslaughter? Why is 90% of crime in the UK drug-related?
How is this course assessed?
- Depending on the course type you are enrolled on, you will study Law either by examination or by coursework assignments.
What might this course lead on to?
- Study of Law at university
- The course will develop a wide range of skills useful in careers as Legal Executives, work in the Court Services, forensics or in the police.