Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Mathematics?
- I want to develop and extend my mathematical skills, particularly in real-life situations
- It is highly regarded for entry into most careers and higher education courses
- If you are very keen on Mathematics and wish to take it beyond A Level, you can also study Further Mathematics.
What does the course consist of?
- You will build upon the skills you have acquired at GCSE and develop an understanding of new concepts
- The linear course covers
> Pure Mathematics (algebra, trigonometry, graphs, sequences, calculus etc…)
> Mechanics (Newton’s Laws, vectors, projectiles etc…)
> Statistics (Data collection, presentation and analysis, probability etc…).
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Higher education to study Mathematics or any subject with a high maths content such as Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Psychology, Engineering, Accountancy etc.