Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Mathematics?
- I want to develop and extend my mathematical skills, particularly in real-life situations
- It is highly regarded for entry into most careers and higher education courses
- If you are very keen on Mathematics and wish to take it beyond A Level, you can also study Further Mathematics.
What does the course consist of?
You will build upon the skills you have acquired at GCSE and develop an understanding of new concepts. The linear course covers:
- Pure Mathematics (algebra, trigonometry, graphs, sequences, calculus etc…)
- Mechanics (Newton’s Laws, vectors, projectiles etc…)
- Statistics (Data collection, presentation and analysis, probability etc…).
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Higher education to study Mathematics or any subject with a high maths content such as Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Psychology, Engineering, Accountancy etc.