Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Physics?
- I want to learn about the scientific principles behind today’s exciting technology
- I want to study a course which is demanding but interesting
- I want a qualification that opens doors in a wide range of exciting careers
- It is an excellent starting point if I am considering a career in science, engineering or technology.
What does the course consist of?
- A study of the whole universe from quarks to black holes and quasars
- Year 1 covers familiar areas such as electricity and motion, and introduces new ideas like quantum physics and particle physics
- Year 2 takes the course into gravitational fields, electromagnetism and nuclear physics
- Year 2 of the course also includes a study of the physics of astronomy.
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- The demand for students with a Physics qualification is very high and, therefore, nearly all students who achieve A Level Physics go on to university
- Many universities over bursaries of £3,000 to attract high achieving students taking Physics and/or Engineering.