Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Physics?
- I want to learn about the scientific principles behind today’s exciting technology
- I want to study a course which is demanding but interesting
- I want a qualification that opens doors in a wide range of exciting careers
- It is an excellent starting point if I am considering a career in Science, Engineering or Technology.
What does the course consist of?
- A study which encompasses the very smallest things (quarks) to the very largest (The Universe) and everything in between
- Year 1 covers familiar areas such as electricity, waves and mechanics as well as some new ideas like quantum physics
- Year 2 takes the course into gravitational fields, electromagnetism and nuclear physics. Many of the fundamental ideas come together when we explore atomic physics in depth.
How is this course assessed?
- By examination and assessment of required practical assignments.
What might this course lead on to?
- The demand for students with a Physics qualification is very high and, therefore, nearly all students who achieve A Level Physics go on to university. Most of these study science based degrees
- Many universities offer attractive bursaries for high achieving students taking Physics and/or Engineering.