Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Psychology?
- I am interested in why we think, feel and behave in a certain ways and want to better understand how to treat people with a range different Psychological illnesses.
- I have a broad skill set including Maths, English and Science
- I want to develop my communication skills
- I want to develop my ability to think critically
What does the course consist of?
- Psychology Past to Present: A fascinating exploration of major psychological approaches to understanding human behaviour as well as classic research studies
- Investigating Behaviour: Understand how Psychologists study human behaviour and test their theories
- Psychology: Implications in the Real Word: we take an in depth look at the following 3 behaviours: Stress, Schizophrenia & Addiction.
How is this course assessed?
- By examination
- 3 written exams at the end of the 2 year course each lasting 2 1/4 hours
What might this course lead on to?
- The study of Psychology at University
- Specific careers: Educational Psychologist, Sports Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, Criminal Psychologist, Forensic Psychologist, Researcher
- General careers: Teaching, Advertising, Management, Counselling, Nursing, midwifery, Law, Business.