Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Religious Studies?
- I am keen to explore the meaning of life
- I am interested in other people, their culture and beliefs
- I enjoy debates, discussions, group activities and problem solving.
What does the course consist of?
- Is it possible to prove without doubt that God exists or does not exist? Why is the evil in a world created by an omnipotent and all-loving God? If God can perform miracles, why does He help some people but not all who need help?
- Why do we act the way we do? Have individuals a free choice to do whatever they want? To what extent do ethical theories provide a practical basis for moral decision making today?
- When, where and why did Islam begin and how has it developed? What does Islam really teach about controversial issues such as jihad and women’s rights? What are the challenges of being a Muslim in Britain today?
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Any career working with people or where knowledge of other cultures would be useful, for example the police, social work, medicine and the media
- Any career where thinking skills and analytical writing are required. It would be particularly useful for those entering the Legal Profession, Journalism, Teaching, Advertising, Marketing and Business Management
- Higher education.