Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Modern Languages?
- I want to develop and improve my language skills in Spanish
- I want to have an edge over non-linguists in today’s jobs market
- I would like to develop communication skills and increase my confidence in spoken language
- I would like to work or study abroad.
What does the course consist of?
- You will be taught in a structured way – listening and speaking via computer, talking one-to-one with language assistants and watching films and clips from foreign media
- You will learn about topics such as leisure, lifestyle, society, politics and history
- A challenging course where you will complete:
- Oral – speaking on a topic and general conversation
- Listening, reading and writing
- Read authentic literary work in Spanish
- Study visit to Spain.
How is this course assessed?
- Through a mix of oral and written examinations.
What might this course lead on to?
- The study of languages at university, perhaps combined with other subjects such as Law, Business, Management or Marketing, or with a new language such as Italian or Mandarin
- In the globalised market place there are more and more opportunities for linguists in Business, Accounting and International Law.