Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study Applied Science?
- I enjoy science but don’t want to specialise
- I want a course with more individual work, rather than just exams
- I enjoy practical work.
What does the course consist of?
- Year 1: Principles and applications of science, a theory based unit with a final exam in June.
- Practical scientific procedures and techniques that consists of a portfolio of practical work
internally assessed by assignments
- Year 2: Science investigation skills with an assessed practical
How is this course assessed?
- A combination of exam, portfolio and laboratory work.
What might this course lead on to?
- The demand for students with an Applied Science qualification is very high in both industry and higher education. Around 90% of students choose to study subjects such as Biomedical Science, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Biology, or Genetics at University with a further 10% gaining apprenticeships or employment.