Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: A Level
Why study Biology?
- I enjoy laboratory work and carrying out investigations
- I am interested in studying living organisms
- I am interested in modern developments in Genetics
- I enjoy nature and want to find out more about saving wildlife
- I hope to study a science-based course at university.
What does the course consist of?
Biology A Level consists of a range of activities: lectures, discussion, fieldwork, practical work and investigations, with six modules over two years covering:
- Foundations in Biology
- Exchange and transport
- Biodiversity, evolution and disease
- Communications, homeostasis and energy Genetics, evolution and ecosystems
- Development of practical skills in biology.
How is this course assessed?
What might this course lead on to?
- Many degree courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Agriculture, Biology, Microbiology and Biochemistry
- Careers in industry or the Health Service
- Other science degrees and careers.