Sports Studies – National Extended Certificate
Course Duration: 2 years
Course Level: BTEC Level 3
Why study Sports Studies?
- I have a keen and active interest in sport but want to combine this with other subjects
- I can offer two Olympic sports (one individual, one team) to a reasonable standard
- I prefer a more vocational approach, with continuous assessment in addition to exams.
What does the course consist of?
- Anatomy and Physiology (exam)
- Fitness, Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Fitness (controlled assessment)
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
Plus one other unit:
- Practical Sports Performance.
How is this course assessed?
- By controlled assessment in addition to coursework and final exams.
What might this course lead on to?
- Progression from this qualification can include higher education to study a Sports related degree in Teaching, Coaching, Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or the Leisure Industry
- This course can also provide a pathway into the Forces (Emergency or Armed) and health related employment.